RETAIL MEETS MAPPING. FINALLY.
Takemetuit is a Canadian company that has been perfecting Indoor Positioning since 2011. Our unique proprietary hardware and apps: 1) lead shoppers with a standard smart phone to within 4 inches of specific products, thus enabling numerous customer-centric aspects of omni-channel retailing and planogramming; and 2) enables tracking shopper movement for analytics. Unlike Takemetuit, indoor positioning systems (IPS) are limited to locating a person indoors within 7-20 feet of accuracy, and some may track walking patterns. IPS does not have the design or accuracy to reliably guide a valued shopper to a specific product, or have a consistent positive experience.
What is absolutely unique about Takemetuit is that we have achieved a repeatable level of accuracy down to 4 inches, in three dimensions. We know this is unique from reviewing published research and discussions with leading market intelligence consultants. We believe Takemetuit ranks as the single most accurate indoor positioning technology in the world, and has been designed so that both the hardware and software are upgradable “in place” to maintain a sustainable technology advantage. Read our Executive Overview.
MEET THE TEAM
- Tom ThomsonCo-Founder and Principal ShareholderOver the past 30 years, Tom has started and operated five businesses in retail, search engine technology, book & magazine publishing, and photography. Takemetuit is Tom’s brainchild; his involvement has been hands on since day one. As Executive Vice President and Creator of Takemetuit Tom has led the product development from the beginning, and will lead the strategic development, operation and marketing as it moves into commercialization. His market connections and inquisitive, analytical approach in all things lends itself to staying on top of market trends and innovations that can be applied to Takemetuit.
- Don ThompsonPresident and Principal ShareholderDon conceived and led the development, funding, launch and commercialization of the world’s best-selling MS Windows in-store POS system (200 clients/40,000 stores), e-retail and other enterprise retail applications as VP, JDA Software Canada (NASDAQ: JDAS). Don has 30 years of senior executive experience in the business applications and systems sector, including business ownership, directorships, strategic business development, marketing, sales and leadership team development, product/ service development and advertising. Past senior positions include roles with IBM, JDA Software Group, contract executive to 6 successful technology companies and over 30 tech sector clients. His TECTERRA project role will include executive oversight, project planning, commercialization activities (prospect presentations, trade shows, partner recruitment), recruitment of key retail technology employees for project execution; and human factors testing (with U of C) on shopper and employee behaviour and productivity. Don resides in Calgary, Canada.
- Jon OuelletteAdvisor and ShareholderJon is an entrepreneur and business leader who, over 30 years, has successfully started and operated businesses with from 5 to 650 employees in multiple industries (real estate, insurance, tourism, technology & engineering). He is CEO of Northridge Engineering DG, one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies in 2013/2014 (Venture Report). With key strengths in organizational strategy and growth, his philosophy and methodology are focused on increasing bottom line performance through exceptional employee engagement, and he has a rare ability to create/lead teams to embrace change and powerfully deliver on a vision. Jon’s experience /success in corporate development will assist Takemetuit to deliver on its strategy while ensuring the organization is positioned to manage growth.
- Will MajorCo-Founder, Advisor and ShareholderWill has 20 years experience practicing law. He also has an M.B.A. from University of Toronto. Since 2007, Will has been a director and majority shareholder of e-commerce solutions provider, Redwave Commerce Inc., based in Burlington, Ontario. His lifetime interest in disruptive technology led to his involvement in starting up Takemetuit. He will take on the roles of financial controller as well as implementing legal aspects of the business.
- Diane Schwartz-WilliamsResource Development Manager & ShareholderWith over 30 years direct experience in marketing, administration, retail management and event coordination Diane brings a diverse toolkit with her to Takemeutuit. Having launched her career with a major national retailer, working for seven years in management roles, she subsequently formed her own company, Reach Marketing & Business Services. In that capacity she worked with small to medium sized businesses, major corporations, municipal governments and not-for-profit organizations across a broad range of sectors . With demonstrated strengths in business planning, marketing, creative development, results assessment and communication, Diane will draw on all her experience and knowledge to assist Takemetuit in its global development and growth.
TakeMeTuit has a working partnership with REAP:
REAP (Research Entrepreneurs Accelerating Prosperity) is a research project associated with the University of Waterloo. REAP operates the Felt lab which is an open lab where innovators are invited to work with the various technologies hosted at the lab. We believe in “platform” entrepreneurship, which sees developers build onto of existing technology platforms to find new uses and new markets.